A Photo Per Day || August

9/22/2017


I deserve to have an extremely cold drink thrown in my face, Glee style. I've failed miraculously at this segment during the month of August, but I have good reasons.. kind of. I went camping for the first time this month (hopefully there will be a post going up later this week about that), went on a 2 day trip that both wiped me out physically but made me appreciate my surroundings a tad more, and I guess I simply got too lost in reality to remember to pick up my camera/phone. So don't judge me! I'm sorry. Next month I pledge to be more active online, or at least put some effort into it. Truth be told, August has been a great but awful month. It's felt as though these last 31 days have been looked over by a timer that is ticking so loud it's deafening me. I've been happy, incredibly happy, but everything seems to be followed up by dread or complications that ought to not be there. I wish I could have 24 hours to do everything my heart desires without having to worry about the consequences or other people in my life - selfish, I know. I guess that's been the theme of my month though - trying to hold onto the happiness despite the obvious slack I am starting to have. Next month everything changes for me again, and though I'm looking forward to going home and seeing my mum and cat, I'm dreading that moment that I find myself laying in my bed and feeling the weight of silence and lack of control and.. well, distance. I don't want to have to continue living on a countdown for one thing or another, and I just wish I had the inner strength to say "sod it" and do what my heart is screaming at me - find a way to not live in the in-between anymore. Probably a bit too honest and heavy for a post about photos, huh? This is August.

01/08/2017: Days that are spent library hopping and that end with sandball fights at the beach. Those are the ones I want to relive, repeatedly. Until all I see when I close my eyes are crisp white pages full of words, and only feel the sensation of waves hitting my feet. 
02/08/2017: "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." - Haruki Murakam
03/08/2017: His And Hers || Dessert Edition.
04/08/2017:  I'm waaaaaay late to the party, but I'm thinking of possibly doing a post about my overall view on Blogosphere - such as my likes and dislikes. I've seen everyone raving about the mag since its release (with good reason as it's a huge step for the blogging community), but is it expensive when you could, theoretically, find everything inside online? For free? Granted, the interviews and such are exclusive, but do we really need them to get to know the bloggers we love? I don't know. I did really like it, I guess I just have some thought battles going on. The layout is gorgeous though. Have you bought the issues? What are your thoughts?
-
06/08/2017: Funnel cake: the food God invented to make it really bloody hard to eat like a lady in public. Trust me.
07/08/2017: Little flowers, sand as soft as a fluffy blanket, the ocean, and endless blue skies. If this wouldn't be your happy place, then, um... you have no soul? 
12/08/2017: A peek at something on my TBR list! I've been absent the past few days due to camping, so sorry about that. Looking forward to catching up on the many pretty photos I've missed. Have you read The Eterna Files? What did you think?
13//08/2017: NEW POST: "Glass Windows Of this World || Glass Beach, Fort Bragg." Click HERE to read. A photo rundown of my recent trip to this magical land. The beauty never gets old. 
-
14/08/2017: Camping brunch done right. Pasta salad (pasta, broccoli, red bell pepper, red onion, grated carrot, sweetcorn, mayo, mustard, salt and pepper), potato salad, avocado, and scrambled eggs. Weird but a yum mix. 
14/08/2016: The Outlander series is rather daunting, aye? My lovely fiancé (@billiamswn) kindly bought these for me as we found them for 50c a piece in a library book sale. That's a grand total of $2.50 for all 5! Bargain. 
16/08/2017: NEW POST: "The Buffy Tag: 2017" || Click HERE to read. If you like Buffy and have a blog, I tag you! Be sure to tweet or message me with your answers. I want some more Scoobies in my life! Credit: graphic not mine
17/08/2017: I'll never get over how beautiful the sight of water and trees are. A duo that should always stand side-by-side. 
-
20/08/2017: Cliché Instagram breakfast? Check! I am officially nailing the blogger lifestyle. My mouth thanks me for this sacrifice. 
21/08/2017: A year round Christmas store? Yes. Why doesn't every city have this? Why is the happiness kept solely for Christmas? Gaaaahhh. The crime.
22/08/2017: I present to you, Mr @billiamswn in his natural habitat. 
23/08/2017: I recently finished Go Ask Alice and I'm so glad I was finally able to pick it up. It was everything that I was expecting and although that is heartbreaking, it's just something I think most should read - especially if young and struggling with mental illness or any sort of addiction. It is mainly targeted toward the YA audience and I'm glad of that. Have you read it? What are your thoughts? 
-
24/08/2017: French toast, sour cream, and strawberries? Yes, please. Odd combination but yummy. Try it. Food by: @billiamswn.
25/08/2017: "I have been feeling very clearheaded lately and what I want to write about today is the sea. It contains so many colors. Silver at dawn, green at noon, dark blue in the evening. Sometimes it looks almost red. Or it will turn the color of old coins. Right now the shadows of clouds are dragging across it, and patches of sunlight are touching down everywhere. White strings of gulls drag over it like beads.
It is my favorite thing, I think, that I have ever seen. Sometimes I catch myself staring at it and forget my duties. It seems big enough to contain everything anyone could ever feel." - Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See.
26/08/2017: One of my current animated guilty pleasures. Even when I was a child, I was never huge on Disney movies besides Beauty and the Beast (don't judge me!), but Zootopia/Zootropolis has sprinkled my adult life with a little magic. Do you have a favourite? Or are you an everything-Disney kinda person? Let me know! 
27/08/2017: For the Popsugar Reading Challenge 2017 I read "The Secret Garden" as the book I loved as a child. Major throwback for me but it was severely lacking the magic of the made-up sequel that my mum told me, involving witches, fairies and all kinds of magic. PS: this photo screams fall. So, is it acceptable to buy pumpkin themed decorations yet?
-
28/08/2017: I'm actually really enjoying using this Yesto eye gel. I ought to probably feel bad for not having a proper skincare routine yet my fiancé owns the products that are required... buuutt, I mean, now I get to steal his. Score?
29/08/2017: Who doesn't love a good ol' game of Scrabble? You can't beat the classics. It's especially fun when you manage to play all the letters in the bag. Me and @billiamswn make a good team, even when we're playing against each other. I feel like a Spoby rip off.
30/08/2017: I received the "Cat #Selfie" book for my birthday and now I can't not look at this and giggle. It's like he's some stud trying to take a tinder profile photo. Poor Charlie.
31/08/2017: Is it possible to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge without taking a snapshot? Seems unlikely. I swear next time, I'll appreciate the immensity of it in real life and not through the screen of my phone. Le sigh.
-

So there are some fragments of my month. I swear I'll get better at updating a little more true-to-the-time. Next month! 

What have been some of the highlights of your August? Let me know!

- Anne x





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Rooting Branches. Design by FCD.